When you’re looking for a mortgage company in Southgate, Michigan that will always work in your best interests, you’ll want to work with Gem Home Loans. We’re not part of any huge lender or bank, we’re independent – and we love it that way. You’ll never have to deal with any of the hassles that bigger mortgage companies bring. We won’t charge you any of those annoying fees, and we’ll never try to recommend a loan that won’t work with your specific financial situation. We’ll put you first, instead of our bottom line.
Why Work With an Independent Mortgage Company?
When you choose an independent company such as Gem Home Loans, there will be a lot of benefits. These are just a few to keep in mind.
- Options, options, options – When you choose a huge mortgage company, such as one affiliated with your bank, you’ll be limited to the types of loans they offer – and the rates they offer as well. But since Gem Home Loans is independent, that means we offer a great deal more flexibility. We can shop around on your behalf, since we have relationships with dozens of investors. You won’t have to look and look and look at tons of lenders to find a great rate. We’ll do all of that for you.
- Faster closing – So, you’ve finally found the home you want. You might have been searching for it for weeks, or even months, and you’ve finally come upon the one that’s perfect. The last thing you’ll want to do will be to get stuck because it takes too long to close. We know how exciting it is to find a great home – we’ll do everything possible to make sure you get to the closing stage as quickly as possible. In the vast majority of instances, we can do that a lot faster than the big guys.
- Personalized attention – It will be incredibly important to choose a mortgage company that works in your best interests. A lot of mortgage providers are much more loyal to their profit margin than the clients they’re supposed to help. The huge lenders/banks only look at their clients as dollar signs. They don’t care that a loan will hurt a client financially – just as long as they sign on the bottom line so the company can make a fat commission. We can’t stand that approach, because we’ve seen it for years. When you choose us, we’ll take the time to make sure you’re 100% at ease with your ultimate decision.
Here are the answers to a few of the questions we typically receive.
- Will I need an appraisal? – More than likely you will, but that’s not a given. There are lots of times where a lender can get all the information it needs by a quick online search.
- Does my credit score need to be outstanding? – Not necessarily. It really depends on what kind of loan you want. If your score isn’t great, you might be able to qualify for a VA or FHA loan. Most of the time, however, your score will need to be at least 620 to have a chance of getting approval.
- Can I get a loan without selling my house? – Definitely. However, it could be an issue because it will impact your debt-to-income ratio. You might have to pay more of a down payment as a result.
Contact your go-to mortgage company in Southgate, Michigan. Call Gem Home Loans at (248) 780-1030 or use our online form.